Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is a multi-specialty group encompassing physicians in more than 30 specialties in convenient offices across Central and Eastern Connecticut.
With so many providers representing so many specialties connected through the latest technology, we can provide our patients with the most coordinated care.
Visit the Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
In addition to clinical practice, our doctors are teachers and researchers, always looking for ways to improve the quality of care and bring innovations to their patients.
Affiliated with five hospitals, Hartford HealthCare Medical Group’s superior level of care is always available to our patients close to home.
Bariatric Surgery, Breast Surgery and Breast Care, Cardiac Surgery, Cardiology, Colorectal Surgery, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, Family Medicine, General Surgery, Geriatrics, Hand Surgery, Hematology & Oncology, Hepatbiliary Surgery & Pancreatic, Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine/Pediatrics, Occupational Medicine, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Otolaryngology and Allergy (Ear, Nose, Throat, Allergy), Neurosurgery, Neurology, Peripheral Vascular Surgery, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Podiatric Surgery, Pulmonology, Rheumatology, Sports Medicine, Surgical Oncology, Transplant Surgery, Vascular & Endovascular Surgery, Urgent Care, Urology
Fast Facts (FY 2016)
President: Vincent DiBattista
Office locations: 48
New primary care patients: 36,258
Operating revenue (FY 15): $111.4 million
Accomplishments (FY 2016)
- Opened two new family health centers with primary and specialty care practices, increasing the Medical Group's footprint Vernon and Bloomfield. A third multi-specialty office building was opened Plainville, significantly expanding HHC MG's primary care capabilities and aligning multiple specialties with primary care physicians (PCPs) for a better patient experience.
- Recruited 20 new primary care providers and 24 urgent care providers to existing and new practice locations, including new primary care practice sites in Old Lyme and Putnam.
- Specialty recruits include 52 new physicians and advanced practice providers in medical and surgical specialties including strategic recruits for the Hartford HealthCare (HHC) Cancer Institute, Heart & Vascular Institute, Neuroscience Institute, and Tallwood Urology & Kidney Institute. Expanded cardiology and vascular services throughout the entire East Region, from Putnam to Plainfield to New London, allowing integrated access to cardiovascular services in an underserved region. Enhanced the Tallwood footprint east to Manchester, creating the largest, most integrated urology service line in Connecticut. Expanded the HHC Headache Center to the Central Region with the hiring of our second headache neurologist.
- Partnered with the HHC Institutes to attract outstanding Institute leadership candidates, collaborated with Hartford Hospital to recruit and hire the new chief of surgery and recruited the first system director of breast surgical services; building a system-wide breast service with consistent, standardized care and cutting-edge research capabilities.
- Created the first Movement Disorders program at Hartford HealthCare attracting two top Movement Disorders specialists within the HHC Neuroscience Institute with offices in Vernon and Cheshire.
- Successfully transitioned specialty practices to Epic electronic medical record in May.
- Expanded and redesigned the organizational structure in both primary and specialty care as part of a new operating model; creating a scalable physician practice infrastructure to support exponential growth.
- Increased access to experienced HHC MG physicians and advanced practice providers by 20 percent.
- Created Advanced Practice Provider 3-month mini-residency training program and Medical Assistant academy to develop new and existing hires.
- Initiated new software, Crimson Medical Referrals, through ICP to further support the ease of care coordination for our patients.
- Completed initial environment of care rounds in all 72 ambulatory sites, initiated safety event reporting for all patients and staff, established first HHC ambulatory High Reliability Organization training curriculum for staff and providers.
- Developed customer service training program in conjunction with HHC’s chief experience officer.