Having a baby can be one of life's most joyous and profound events.
You can be sure that the nurses and medical staff at MidState's Family Birthing Center will take pride in providing the very best care for you, your family, and your new baby.
Our distinctive features include:
- Experienced, compassionate physicians, nurses and other professionals.
- Beautifully decorated, state-of-the-art rooms specially designed to accommodate every stage of the childbirth experience, from labor and delivery to recovery and postpartum.
- Personalized support, from early labor through breastfeeding advice and guidance for home care.
- Neonatal nurse practitioners who, in consultation with our Chief of Pediatrics, are available to assist every newborn, 24 hours a day.
- A nursery equipped to care for newborns with special needs.
- Collaboration with Connecticut's intensive care nurseries and transport team.
- NEW: Partnership with the March of Dimes Healthy Babies are Worth the Wait® to ensure inductions and C-sections are done at the right time and for the right reasons.
MidState is proud to be recognized as a Baby Friendly® hospital, supporting mother-baby bonding through breastfeeding and a variety of other factors.
For expectant mothers at high-risk for complications, MidState also offers additional services and support through its Maternal Fetal Medicine Program.
Having a baby can be a wonderful experience. We’re here to help.
The nurses and medical staff at MidState’s Family Birthing Center are honored to be a
part of your childbirth experience. We take pride in providing the best care for you, your
family and your new baby! In our comfortable setting, cared for by our experienced and
skilled staff, you can feel like you and your baby are in “good hands” for this incredible
time in your lives.
We also take pride in teaching you what you need to know to feel confident when you go
home. Your whole world is different. A new little person is depending on you. We want
you to feel well prepared so you make the transition to your home safely and with confidence.
We hope this little booklet will help you know what to expect and how to prepare for your stay
with us. We are looking forward to seeing you.
Our Birthing Center is designed with families in mind. We know you want the best medical care available. You want to be comfortable and secure. You want your family and friends to share in your joy! We want to accommodate you as best we can.