Breast Care Services
A comprehensive, integrated approach
When you have a breast problem, you want prompt diagnosis, state-of-the-art treatment, expert care and sensitive, knowledgeable guidance and support. At MidState, our sophisticated capabilities result in outcomes that meet or exceed national averages. We offer...
- Highly trained, caring physicians, nurses and other clinicians specially recruited for their expertise and qualifications
- State-of-the-art technology
- An integrated, multidisciplinary approach to ensure efficient, optimal care
- Personal attention from a registered nurse who will coordinate your care
- Convenient, same-day scheduling of visits with Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology
- Breast Conservation Surgery/Lumpectomy
- Axillary Node Dissection
- Sentinel Node Biopsy
- Breast Reconstruction
- Individual counseling and support
- Assistance with insurance and financial matters
- Dietary guidance
- Access to genetic counselor
- Spiritual support
- "LOOK GOOD ... FEEL BETTER" -This American Cancer Society program offers hands-on, self-help instruction and education for woman experiencing cancer treatment related side effects. To register, call 203.694.8434.
- Home care services
- Physical/Occupational Therapy
- Referrals for lymphedema management
A holistic approach to traditional medical care, which uses a variety of nutritional, psychological and other complementary therapies.
- Healthy Steps - A therapeutic exercise program for women following breast cancer surgery
- Massage Therapy
- Art Therapy
Connecticut Breast and Cervical Early Detection Program
Women who qualify can receive free mammograms, clinical breast examinations and Pap tests at MidState Medical Center through the Connecticut Department of Public Health's Connecticut Breast and Cervical Early Detection Program.
For more information and guidelines, call Marie Rose 860.347.6971 x3513.
Want to learn more about Breast Cancer? Become a member of our excellent new online breast cancer education program.
MidState Auxiliary Cancer Fittings and Products
The MidState Auxiliary Cancer Boutique is pleased to provide special fittings and products for women pre- or post- breast surgery or women with asymmetry or lymphedema. Our Certified Mastectomy Fitter from Saxon-Kent Lingerie, based out of Orange, CT, will help fit you with the best products available for you.
Saxton-Kent carries a full range of products including lymphedema garments for upper and lower extremities, as well as Belize Bras. They also carry the following brands:
Airway - Almost U - Amoena - Bellisse - Classique - Jodee - Jovipak - Juzo
Medi - Nearly Me - Sigvaris - Solidea - Trulife - ...and more!
A professionally trained staff member will be onsite at the MidState Auxiliary Cancer Boutique on Monday afternoons from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m and on Saturdays by appointment. Saxton-Kent works with a variety of insurance providers and will bill your insurance company directly for the products they provide.
Please call 800.440.2916 to schedule an appointment. You will to need to bring a prescription from your healthcare provider, your insurance card and a photo I.D.
Additional links to Breast Health and Breast Cancer Sites
Here are some sites to visit for more information:
Network of Strength
CT Breast Cancer Coalition and Foundation